Google started this project back in 2012 to get street view maps and 360 degree street level imagery of select places for internet users across World and Pakistan.
Currently over about more than 24 places have street view map and more than 10 or more place have picture collection. Google named this project as “Google Cultural Institute” and collection name is “Wonders of Pakistan”.
Famous place that have street view available on google maps are
- Forecourt of Wazir Khan Mosque Lahore
- Lahore Museum
- Badshahi Mosque Lahore
- Jahangir’s Tomb Lahore
- Walled City Gates Lahore
- Lahore Fort
- Allama Iqbal’s Tomb Lahore
- Harappa Museum and Archaelogical site
- Shalimar Garden Lahore
- Shrine of Baba Bullay Shah Qasoor
- Tomb of Waris Shah Sheikhupura
- Darawar Fort
- Rohtas Fort and Museum Jehlum
- Kamran’s Bardari
- Hiran Minar Park Sheikhupura
- Darbar Hazrat Baba Farid Pak Pattan
- Stupa of Budha Rawalpindi
- Sheikhupura Fort
- Tomb of Malik Ahmad Ayaz
- Shrine of Hazrat Mian Mir
Pakistan is birthplace of civilizations that are more than 5 thousand years old. Places like Mohenjo Daro and Harappa have given a rich cultural heritage to Pakistan.