Finally a Good News for all overseas Pakistani’s, you can get your sim biometrically verified to avoid blockage. As you are aware, PTA has made it mandatory for all SIM owners to get their SIMs verified, and all unverified SIMs will be blocked.
If you are an overseas Pakistani and already using a biometrically verified SIM, no further action is required. However, if you are an overseas Pakistani using a non-verified SIM, then as per PTA have devised a ‘Temporary Verification’ process whereby you will be required to provide some key credentials, which will match against the NADRA database.
On successful credential match up, your respective SIM will be tagged as ‘Temporarily Verified’. Note that the last date to temporarily verify your SIM is the 12th of April, 2015.
- Dial *789# from your SIM
- Enter your CNIC number and your personal information known to you
- On successful match up of provided information with NADRA database, your sim will be marked as “Temporarily Verified“
- *789# is only accessible to users across outside Pakistan and Afghanistan. Status of your Temporary Verification will be sent via SMS to you within 48 Hours.
- You will have to get your SIM biometrically verified on your next visit to Pakistan before the 31st of March 2016, as all ‘Temporarily Verified’ SIMs will be blocked if not verified by then.
- In case you are overseas and your SIM is in Pakistan, we recommend that your family members transfer the ownership of your SIM to their CNIC (all they need to do is visit their nearest Ufone customer service center, franchise or retail outlet). So make sure you get your SIMs verified and stay on your favorite network without any inconvenience.