After number of meetings between Pakistan Telecommunication Authority – PTA, Interior Ministry, IT Ministry and Telecom Mobile Operators it is finalized that all existing Sims must be re-verified in order to avoid any further consequences after APS Peshawar Incident.For this process to be completed PTA with order from Interior Ministry have given 26th February 2015 as last date for re-verification of all existing Sims of all Telecom mobile operators which are more than 140 million. If you don’t verify your sims after that date, it will be blocked.
SIM Re-Verification Process:
Process is very simple.
- Get your CNIC and all Sims that needs to re-verified
- Visit nearest BVS Customer Services Center, Franchise or Retail outlet of respective company separately
- Provide authorized representative with your Sims to be re-verified
- Pay an amount of Rs 10 for re-verification
- Authorized representative will biometrically verify provided number against CNIC provided.
- Upon successful re-verification you will be sent an sms about re-verification
- Reply this SMS with ” Y ” to verify SIMs.
Block Unused SIMs
The other important step that you should do is to block all other numbers that you don’t use or is registered against your CNIC. This process is also simple
- Send your CNIC number (without dashes) to 668 – No charges
- You will receive message about number of sims registered against CNIC of all network
- Get your CNIC and visit respective nearest Main Franchise
- Ask them to provide you with list of registered number
- Request them to block all those numbers which are not in your use or are registered against your CNIC somehow
- Get confirmation of SIMs blockage from Authorized Representative
- Re-check number of SIMs registered against your CNIC by sending it to 668
Alternatively you can check number of registered sims athttp://www.cnic.sims.pk/website.